2021 Critical Race Theory
July 4, 2022:
We are pleased to announce that the new Director of Social-Emotional Learning, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
has been hired to immediately implement anti-bias and anti-racism programs and training in Holliston Public Schools.
Salary: $100,000 per annum
- Provide support, guidance and advocacy for affinity and other groups aimed at furthering diversity and inclusiveness.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct related training for administrators and staff, including training for school-based hiring committees, with regards to racial equity in staff hiring, retention, and evaluation.
- Identify and communicate training sessions to the Superintendent that build positive school climates, support diversity initiatives and programs, and develop strategies to support historically marginalized people.
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Team and Professional Development Council to plan and facilitate professional development to support equity, anti-bias and social justice and ensure equal access for marginalized people.
- Collaborate with district leadership to implement and refine assessment/survey tools that evaluate and audit school climates.
- Develop, support, monitor, evaluate and recommend appropriate responses/actions to address institutional biases and structural racism in district programs and practices, and their associated impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Develop and coordinate efforts with the district leadership to ensure that the context of Holliston’s curriculum reflects its diverse student population as well as different historical perspectives.
- Collaborate with curriculum leaders to identify more culturally responsive and anti-racist/ anti-bias learning opportunies and to modify curricula, as needed.
- Advance equity in leveling and course enrollment, including, but not limited to honors and advanced placement courses and academic electives, as well as extracurricular activities.
- Develop and implement professional learning for all faculty, staff and associated groups to support culturally responsive, anti-bias, and anti-racist practices thoughout the district.